Print this page

Motor Insurance Bureau Accident Compensation

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident where a third party has left the scene without providing their details (ie: a hit and run accident), you can still make a claim for compensation.

The Motor Insurance Bureau will ultimately deal with your claim for personal injury. The Bureau (known as MIB) was established in 1946 to help victims of uninsured driver accidents. Your personal injury claim in this situation is known as an uninsured driver's claim.

  • If you have been injured in a car accident and your injury is sustained through the negligence of an uninsured driver, you could very well be entitled to personal compensation through MIB.
  • Your MIB claim will address an identified motorist who was not insured at the time of your accident, or address an untraceable driver involved in your hit and run accident.
  • If you are aware of the driver's identity, MIB will contact them, but if the driver is untraceable, you should simply contact the police and then make your claim to us, for MIB.

Claims such as these are just as valid as other types of personal injury claim and you should contact us initially to see if you can seek compensation for your injury. If an uninsured or untraceable driver is at fault, you can still claim for the accident.

An incident involving a hit and run driver is very traumatic, and should be reported immediately. Just because the driver has left the scene does not mean that you should have to suffer in silence. The police need to be informed, in case they can trace the driver in the first instance. MIB will then take on your case, through us, if they feel that there is evidence to show that a third party was at fault.

Contact us today to see if you can make a claim with the Motor Insurance Bureau. We will give you help, advice and guidance throughout your claim for personal injury. You may be entitled to compensation for this type of car accident.

Call 0800 327 7919 or Claim Online Now

*Other costs could be payable